Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Hope, My Salvation

Sweet Kate,

We have asked for prayer in the last few weeks specifically for your growth, Kate, and I am here to praise my Savior that he is answering that prayer beyond what we hoped! We were with you at OHSU two weeks ago today, and your weight was 6 pounds, 9 ounces. A week ago today I took you to be weighed at our pediatrician's office, and after 5 1/2 days taking enzymes to help with malabsorption your weight had climbed to 7 pounds, 1 ounce. Today, after almost two weeks on the enzymes you had gained 13 ounces in the past week to 7 pounds, 14 ounces!!! Two of our nurse and medical assistant friends were celebrating with me as we saw that number on the scale! You are officially on the growth chart now at the 3rd percentile! It only took us about 7 weeks, but you are doing so great, sweet girl. You have gained exactly two pounds since birth, and although we're not on the fast track, you are gaining at an accelerated rate compared to before. I asked my nurse friend what is "normal" for weight gain at this age and she said 30 grams a day, and your weight gain in the last week has been 50 grams a day! Woohoo! I left the office to drive up to get your brother Matthew from Grandma's house, and I praised God for his favor upon you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lord. He answered our prayers! Kate, you are so content, so easily calmed in any situation; you are lovely and sweet and GROWING! That is enough for today.

Our prayers continue for your growth to remain strong and quick; the better you grow, the better your prognosis. We would also ask that those who are reading would pray for good health for you because people around us are starting to pick up viruses, and you have been congested for a few days. It makes me nervous, and I think it's from the smoky air around us due to a forest fire not too far from Lake of the Woods. We're staying in most of the time, but I am praying for the congestion to not affect your lungs in any way. For today, Kate, I am resting in sweet confidence that our God is sovereign over every detail of you. He is your hope and your salvation, precious daughter, and you will not be shaken! I love you, Kate Elisabeth!



Find rest, O Kate,
in God alone;
your hope comes from him.
He alone is your rock and your salvation;
he is your fortress,
you will not be shaken.
Psalm 62:5-6 (personalization and emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment