Thursday, June 7, 2012

And Then It Was June...

Sweet Little Love,

Mommy and Kate at Poipu Beach--May 2012
It is June already!  Oh my goodness.  I am so thankful that aside from an amazing trip to Kauai at the end of April and the Great Strides event we just participated in, there is really nothing to report.  Your health so far (with our normal daily routine, of course, of enzymes, vitamins, etc) is so much better than I expected, and I couldn't have imagined you would be doing so well.  When I started this blog I anticipated there would be so much more to document that would be negative but part of your life story. It's so surreal, actually, to fathom all the emotions I felt back in August through October in particular and now to be here.  Those wounds have healed, my faith has grown, we have been shown more love than I could have imagined and in so many ways.
10 months old!

We will see the Cystic Fibrosis Clinic doctor on Friday here in town.  You haven't been seen in Portland since February although we've seen our local pediatrician for your 9 month check up.  I am anxious to see your weight and growth charts.

We participated in our first Great Strides event last Saturday with many family and friends walking with us in support of Cure for Kate. It was a great morning. We raised over $4500 for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and I'm so excited and happy about that. It felt good to be a part of something much larger; a common purpose for all those in some way affected by Cystic Fibrosis.

We will always fight for you, Kate!

Daddy loves you so much

Our amazing team for the Great Strides event

So close to walking!




I love you so, so much, Kate.  You are so much fun, you love your brothers and sister (and they LOVE you!), you are so close to walking, you are so determined, spunky, vocal, and you may be my biggest training challenge yet :).  You took one to three steps multiple times on Sunday and have walked a little bit each day since.  I'm so proud of you, Kate! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Such beautiful strides and such beautiful memories you're making with your family. God bless!

    ReplyDelete