Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Afflicted With Purpose

When Kate screams and writhes during a treatment (only because she wants to go outside like everyone else and swim) and I have to hold her down to do it...that is when I cry about the unfairness of Cystic Fibrosis. It is heartbreaking. I whispered in her ear over and over, "I love you. Good girl. I'M SORRY." I'm sorry for how life is different for you, and you are starting to realize it. Then I realize we are all afflicted in some way, whether life altering or a minor inconvenience. "This is what I've learned about life: it goes on." So, we press on. God's faithfulness never changes, and I will learn to still my momma heart and know that He alone is God.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog entries are such a blessing to me. Life is hard and messy and beautiful in all of its complicated craziness. It's so important for us to keep a firm grip on the hope we have in our Savior in order to get through it to the blessed promise He has in store for us.

    Thank you for the lovely messages you post and God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kelly and family,

    I pray things are going well with sweet Kate. Blessings for you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, Kate continues to surprise us with her tenacity and good health. She is thriving. Her main issue is pancreatic insufficiency which makes it very difficult to keep weight on, and as a result she is smaller than she should be. We are constantly pushing snacks, praying for God to intervene, and just doing what we can. As you can see I am not keeping this blog updated. Please find us on FB under the public page, Cure for Kate. Thanks for checking in, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete