Monday, November 14, 2011

Oh his goodness!

Sweet baby,

Today was a good day.  I feel so much peace in my soul tonight, and I'm thankful.  We went to OHSU today, and I had prepared myself for whatever might come our way.  I wasn't sure of a few things, knew of a few, and waited for anything.  Instead, your weight is amazing, and your weight to length ratio is now at the 65th percentile!!!  You were 12#6.8 ounces today.  Those sweet rolls on your thighs, at your wrists, the dimples in your fingers just make me ooze sappiness.  You make me so happy, Kate!  You talked, talked, talked to everything in the room while we waited and then you had quite a conversation with the medical assistant.  She thought you were pretty amazing, too.  :)  Because you are doing so well we get to skip our December appointment and don't have to go back until the end of January!  Yippee!  The doctor did another airway culture to see if the bacteria pseudomonas is present in your airway.  He said he would be surprised if it was present because it is usually eradicated in your age group.  I am hopeful, but if it's there we will start TOBI again.  Even that just doesn't scare me.  Victory!

I so enjoyed this trip.  Coffee on the way out of town, four hours of being with your Dad in the car (always my favorite!), Trader Joe's, a great, quick appointment for you and another four hours driving home visiting with your Dad.  The rest of the monkeys met us at the door when we got home, and we went from blissful quiet in the car with you talking and us listening to Mark Driscoll to the busyness that is our very real life.  It's a happy life, Kate, even with health issues, broken arms and broken legs. We are so fun, right?  Thanks, Lord, that any good in my life is because of your goodness and grace.  I'm so thankful to call you my Savior because when it rains I will praise you, and when life just feels peaceful I'm so happy to say that it's not to me, but to your name be the glory.  Thank you for your kindness today, Jesus. 

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13

No comments:

Post a Comment