Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recognition

Little love,
I stare into your beautiful blue eyes all through the day, and I memorize your dainty features each moment.  You are always close to me or in the arms of a sibling who loves you so much.  It's a precious gift to have you here.  It's so nice to see the perfection in how you were created.  God was so kind to give you to us.  Your little life has brought so much to our family!  With CF looming closely in nearly every thought I have, it can get a little busy in our house and in my mind.  There are vitamins to take, vitamins to crush, Albuterol treatments morning and night through an inhaler and chamber, TOBI for an hour in the morning and an hour at night, enzymes at every feeding by mouth...it can get exhausting.  The gift, though, is that it's YOU.  I see you, Kate, I recognize the beautiful gift you are, and I am incredibly thankful.  It doesn't make things easier, necessarily, but you make it worthwhile. 

Doesn't God see us like that?  We are sinful, prideful creatures bent on doing things our own way in our own time.  We want ease and tranquility.  We are time-consuming people whose wills need pruning and shaping at all times.  But, Kate, HE sees us!  He knows every detail of us.  He sees our sin.  He sees the good in us.  He sees Himself in us because we are made in His image. He recognizes us as His children.  There's so much comfort in that!  Even if no one else sees the sacrifices we make for each other, for our children, for families and friends, He recognizes it.  Here is His promise to us:


Trust in the Lord, and do good;
dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.  He will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and your justice as the noonday.

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him...
Psalm 37:3-7

Lord, I commit my way to you.  I trust you, Lord!  Thank you for my precious daughter and all she is teaching us; all you're allowing for her to teach us.  Kate, we had an appointment with the CF docs who come from Portland on Friday.  I was so thankful to not have to drive north this month.  You were 10 pounds 12 ounces!  Yay!!  The doctor was so happy with your continued good growth, and I see it in your legs getting rolls, in your chubby belly and cute double chin.  We praise the Lord for his sovereignty over all things concerning you!


No comments:

Post a Comment